|Distributie / NetBackup|
Reduce complexity - Virtualization, cloud, and convergence made simple
With its vast array of hardware, operating system, virtualization, database, application, and storage-related technologies, the modern data center is a complicated place. That’s why NetBackup has long been the trusted choice for enterprises seeking to reduce that complexity and make data protection as manageable as possible for their limited staff. NetBackup is a single solution for the entire enterprise, available on a converged platform, and instrumented to require minimal administration in even the largest, most dynamic environments.
- Eliminate point products with a single, integrated solution
- Modernize with a converged backup platform
- Improve productivity through centralized, policy-based management
Scale with growth - Outpace the growth of data and infrastructure
The relentless growth of data (25–75% per year) compounded by the growth of virtual machines (20% per year) risks outrunning the data protection capabilities of the enterprise. Throwing costly hardware at the problem is not the answer. NetBackup has proven to be one of the most scalable solutions for protecting the enterprise, incorporating cutting edge technologies for data reduction and bandwidth efficiency, while providing extensive indexing and search capabilities.
- Protect petabytes of data without disrupting the business
- Mitigate spiraling storage infrastructure costs
- Quickly find and recover large volumes of data
Amplify your agility - Transform from cost center to business enabler
Public-cloud service providers and IT as a Service paradigms offer compelling business advantages. To best leverage them, IT organizations must transform their current cost-center model into a more agile model that can serve the business more effectively. NetBackup helps them do just that, delivering the solutions that help IT expand into the cloud and embrace more as a service modes of operation. The result: reduced costs and improved quality of service.
- Safely leverage public-cloud infrastructure and storage
- Provide self-service to users when possible
- Reveal insights by understanding your data
Trust the leader in enterprise backup - Protecting your data is our business
Long recognized as the market leader in enterprise backup and recovery software, Veritas NetBackup is engineered to protect the largest and most demanding data center environments. NetBackup delivers breakthrough capabilities for virtualized systems that go well beyond what traditional backup practices can achieve. A single, intuitive management console reveals all backup and recovery activity, allowing consistent policies and service levels to be enforced across the enterprise.
- Largest share of the enterprise market since 1998
- Leader in every Gartner Magic Quadrant since inception
- Winner of the most Best of VMWorld awards in its category
- 500+ patents awarded in backup and recovery
- Trusted by 86% of the Fortune 500
New in NetBackup 7.7
Added features for Cloud, Hyper-V, and cDOT
NetBackup bursts into the cloud with dramatic performance improvements to our Amazon S3–compatible cloud connectors. We also continue to improve our industry-leading virtualization capabilities by improving VMware support and introducing new features for Microsoft Hyper-V. Additionally, massive storage environments based on NetApp Clustered Data ONTAP (cDOT) now have enterprise-class protection at their disposal.
- Up to 30 times faster backups to cloud storage
- Support for additional cloud storage providers and gateways
- Enhanced functionality for VMware, Hyper-V, and SQL
- Integration with NetApp cDOT
- Introducing NetBackup Self Service and Information Map